With summer quickly approaching here in the Hutchinson, KS area, ensuring your car is ready for the upcoming storms is essential. Here are some tips from us at DJ Kauffman Agency to prepare your car for a storm:
- Check your tires – Make sure all tires have good tread and are correctly inflated. This will help you keep control of the car on wet and icy roads.
- Fill up on gas – You don’t want to run out of gas in a storm, so be sure to top off your tank before the storm hits.
- Change Your Wiper Blades – Make sure your wiper blades are in good condition to see clearly during rainy and snowy weather.
- Keep an Emergency Kit in Your Car – Be prepared with an emergency kit containing items like jumper cables, a flashlight, a first aid kit, blankets, and snacks if you become stranded in bad weather.
- Winterize Your Vehicle even in the summer – Make sure all the fluids are topped off, and all the hoses and belts look good (and get them replaced if necessary). This will help ensure that no damage is done from cold temperatures or ice buildup on the engine components over time.
Following these tips will help make sure that you and your car stay safe during the summer storm season and all year long! For more tips, give us at DJ Kauffman Agency a call today. We are proud to serve the Hutchinson, KS area and would be happy to help you find an automobile policy that meets both your needs and your budget.